Beginner
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon4 Technics 1210 mk2 Servicing??

Can anyone help me with any info on servicing for my 1210 mk2's? I recently went to use them outside in the red hot heat over the bank holiday and one of my decks just went mental and span about 215BPM!! been reading a few articles on the subject but nothing really much help. apparently it isn't the pitch control, it is the mother board?? any help or advice would be appreciated guys, Thanks. #ALWAYSFUCKINGSOMETHING

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Re: Technics 1210 mk2 Servicing??

Ive had mine serviced a few times mate as I bought a few decks 2nd hand at different times. The cost of the service and fixing stuff isnt too bad, its the insured postage there and back that is the killer

I havent spoke to one place that will give you a diagnosis on the phone.... they will want to see and examine the deck before making a judgement, which is fair enough tbh. Generally you have to pay them to “look at it”, then that amount comes off the final bill they quote you. Its so they dont spend any time on it they wont get paid for (if they just told you the full amount you might not pay to get the work done)

If you can drop off and pick the decks up it will be worth it... Id get the cabling redone at the same time as this doesnt cost too much while they are already working on it, but they will quote you a price on it

Id be interested to hear of any shops in the NE that do proper servicing like, I sent mine to a proper place in Edinburgh but they do a decent job like
    Last edited by Formula1pete; 8th May 2018 at 08:36 PM.

3. Likes the-klh Liked
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lad called Jonny who runs Digifunk. He is on Facebook and does servicing, mods etc.

5. Likes the-klh Liked
    Beginner
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DJ PUDGE View Post
    Lad called Jonny who runs Digifunk. He is on Facebook and does servicing, mods etc.
    Cheers for that Pudge mate. any ides on a price and if he does sprays on them too? fancy a colour change while I'm there but I'm not on Facebook.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

*+44 7920 103676‬

That’s his number from his Facebook page mate. He does do sprays I’ve seen some pictures before from him putting them up onto his page.